Happy New Year! We hope everyone had a relaxing holiday season. Here’s what we’ve been up to in December, what we accomplished over the year, and some goals for 2022!
December was a little bit of a slow month, as we took some time to relax and visit family and friends. That being said, we did get a few things done, such as:
- New enemy animations
- Finishing some palette swaps for cats/dogs/birds
- Finished updating older maps with the new biome
- Fixed all user reported bugs (and a few others)
- TTBattle infrastructure upgrades & planning
- More cutscene writing
The past year was hectic and we accomplished a lot more than we expected. The biggest example of this is what happened with the in-game world map. Just to show off how much has changed, take a look at the images below!
As you can see, we increased the game world size by at least 25%, leaving only the bottom section left to go. We also:
- Released a Beta Update
- Fulfilled some Backer Rewards
- Added Font Accessibility Options
- Upgraded and added all the Battle animations and SFXs
- A variety of TTBattle Upgrades such as:
- Group Skills
- Respawn Timers
- Battle Class Visuals for Player Characters
- Reimplemented Status Effects with new animations
- Added differing chances for group-wide status effect skills
- Skipping turns now has an animation
- We added a bug and feature report form
- We released a new trailer
- The new overworld tiles for the new biomes were completed
- As seen above, we completed a new biome/province
- We worked on new VFX for the overworld, such as flag animations
- New enemies, emote bubbles and running animations!
- Skill and Item icons were updated with a 1080p version
- We worked on creating passive animals, such as cats, dogs, birds, frogs and others
- We worked on UI animations and improvements
- Almost finished the soundtrack
- And we’ve been streaming regularly on Twitch!
So what do we have planned for 2022? Well, it’s a little bit more of the same, but we want to focus on finishing up a lot of areas that are currently in progress, such as:
- Finish TTBattle planning, upgrades, and implementation
- Finish adding new enemies and skills, including relevant SFX
- Finish adding all of the overworld maps to Gataela (that bottom section in the above images)
- Shader improvements, such as the house shader for performance, or the water shader for visuals
- Finish end of game rewrite
- Add all of the cutscenes and skits for the end of the game
- Rewriting debates
- Writing and adding side quests
We are also considering releasing a demo update with all of the bug fixes, and maybe a TTBattle specific demo to get feedback on how the system plays at some point during the year.
In the meantime, we hope you all continue to stay safe!